Monday, April 18, 2011

Road Trip Update - Strength In Numbers

Well, after I couldn't find my keys, Alex and I finally hit the road. We made good time. Drove all night the first night... met a lovely waitress by the name of Ms. Marie at a truck stop in Eastern Washington.

It was about three-thirty in the morning when we stopped. Alex had chicken fried steak. I had ham and eggs. Not realizing it was Friday... a Friday during Lent... we ate like pigs. Oops.

After we ate, we went to the car to sleep for an hour. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't get Ms. Marie out of my head. I felt God asking me to give her a copy of my book. Alex begged me not to do it, but God wouldn't let up. I made my way through the cram-packed Honda Fit... to find a box of books. It was windy, cold, and dark, but I wouldn't quit.

I walked back into the truck stop, not knowing how my gift would be received. Would I be embarrassed? Would Alex have been right... and I shouldn't have done it in the first place? Emboldened by my faith... I walked right up to her... handed her the book and explained. My gift was met with her beautiful smile. And her strong voice saying "Really?! For me? I can't thank you enough. God bless you!" I told her a little about the book... and the fact that I was on the road working for God. She promised her prayers for me and for Alex. That meant so much. I feel Ms. Marie with me in prayer.

There is strength in numbers and because I listened and answered "yes" to God's call, Ms. Marie is now part of my team... and I am part of hers forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment