Monday, August 8, 2011

Fahrenheit 635



I had the night off from work. Thought I had tomorrow off too. My employer called for me an hour ago. I was out when the call came. I thought seriously about NOT returning it but I promised God I'd work hard if I got the job. I will be there... a little before 3:00PM... lunch in hand and a smile in my heart. At midnight I'll shed my hairnet and earl plugs and head for home. I'll probably be tired from standing but thankful for the opportunity to work and earn a wage... no matter how small.

Keep on... keeping on is what we must do... as a country and as individuals. Large or small... every effort to better ourselves and our way of living is worth making. Hopefully we're getting smarter every day.

On a lighter note... How about that Stock Market?! August 8th, 2011 will probably go down in history. A loss of 635 points is big news to some and even bigger news to others. My husband, Roger, said it very well just before he went to bed:

"Things are not going well in our economy. God knows the mess we're in and how we got here. We need to pray."

No comments:

Post a Comment