Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ouch! That hurts.

     I really don't like it when people I love are hurting. Those moments when all we can do is pray and wait really suck sometimes. The good news is, God is there. God is with us all in every moment of every day. He knows where we are at, and why we are there. The sign at the church down the street today read, "God won't bring you to... anything He won't bring you through."

     A memory comes to mind. Don't know why it is this one, but here goes...

     When my son was maybe four he caught me staring at him. It was one of those moments when you just can't get over how beautiful your kid is. He looked back at me and said, "What Mommy?" "Alex, I said, I thank God for you." He replied, "You're very welcome."

     God Bless all who suffer today in body, mind or spirit. Help us all, Lord, in those moments when we just don't know what to do. Please give us grace and strength whether we are the one suffering, or the one trying to help. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Julie,
    You're the best! I'm so glad I took a few minutes to join this blog and read some of your posts. You make me laugh and at the same time, give me a little lift when I need it most.

    Love you,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete